Holiday Trunk Shows
Each December, I participate in holiday trunk shows for local artisans, selling a collection of my hand-knits to raise money for my charity. My collections have included:
- 2016: Show Stopper Bracelets
- 2015: Mink Wrist Warmers
- 2014: Infinity Scarves and Wraps
- 2013: Fingerless Mitts and Felted Bowls
- 2012: Ruffled Scarves, Infinity Wraps & Head Wraps
- 2011: Capelets and More Cowls
- 2010: Cowls
- 2009: Beaded Cuffs
- 2008: Wrist Warmers
- 2007: Beaded Bracelets
- 2006: Felted Purses
With each collection, I try identify trend-setting items that you wouldn’t find at your local mall. I like to focus on accessories, especially those that are one-size-fits-all to simplify the variety of sizes I need to make. For materials, I use quality wools (cashmere blends, soft merinos, etc) in popular colors. Shoppers at these trunk shows want soft things, and will stay away from itchy wools and acrylics.
Craft Fairs & Boutiques
In addition to holiday shows, I have had the opportunity to participate in other craft fairs and “pop-up” boutiques.
- 2013: Wrap Bracelet Sale at my Hair Salon
- 2012: Statement Necklace Sale at my Hair Salon
- 2011: Baby Hat Sale at a Maternity Benefits Fair
At this time, I don’t sell on Etsy. I typically sell what I can make each December at my shows, so I don’t bother with online sales.